If you want to survive in the game of sports betting, Free Sports Betting Picks Today in Guide then you have to use effective money management. I recommend that you follow these guidelines at all times.
- Only invest what you can realistically afford to lose. Todays Football Prediction And Tips you have to remember that you really do not need to start with al a lot of money. I got started with only $100 dollars and I followed the system and my money has doubled over and over again over the course of years.
- Do not make your initial bet too high. Only invest 5% of your total bankroll for a flat betting system (in which you bet the same amount each time) and no more than 2% for a progressive system. You need to be patient here and allow your systems to do their slow and steady work.
- Increase your initial bets when your bankroll has increased by 25%. This will increase your earning power, Free Sports Betting Picks Today just remember to stick to the suggested percentages in #2.
- Remember to Diversify your portfolio. If you have a total bankroll of $1000 and 4 systems that you would like to use, then each system should be allotted $250 and you have to keep those amounts separate.
You have to be disciplined in your use of your systems and in your money management strategy. It can be difficult especially you are doing exceptionally well or if you are losing badly. You may be tempted to deviate from the systems or the money management guidelines in either of those situations. But do not, The Best Betting Prediction Site just remain diligent and the rewards are sure to follow.
Free Sports Betting Picks Today in Guide?
Betting on horse racing does not mean that you have to be present right there on the racetrack. Today, you can place your bet online and in the comfort of your home.
This is the power of technology. Nowadays, everything can be found online. All people need to have is a computer and an online connection and they will be able to see the race action live on their small screen.
Even if it is not as good as the live one or as big as the ones you will see on television, it is very convenient for those who are on the move and do not have the right facilities for it. Just think. You will never again miss the action. You will have a minute-by-minute account on the race that is going on. Besides that, you will know first-hand if the horse you are betting on will win or not.
How does betting horse racing online works?
There are some sites that just need you to register into them and put in your deposit. Once the result is out, your losses or winnings will be debited or credited into your account.
Not all websites are like this though. There are those that require its would-be members to pay an initial fee. Some even require monthly charges depending on the frequency of your visit and stay.
Even if the betting horse racing is done online, the rules and regulations are still the same. The types of bets and race conditions are also the same as the ones you will see and get live.
Since the process is done through computers, you can expect a short delay on the tally of your bets based on the overall betting system. For those who cannot wait for the update, they are given a choice of the statistics to be sent directly to their cell phones.
But with the advantages that people get from betting horse racing online comes its disadvantages. They may be minors but it is still worth the glance.
1. Unsatisfying experience.
Some people find that nothing can compare to the feeling that they get when they are on the racetrack and is part of the action. You cannot really get that same feeling when you are just there watching it on screen.
Most of those who bet on this sport are after the excitement of seeing the race from start to finish. They still want to shout and cheer with the rest of the crowd gathered there on the stadium.
2. Miniscule screen.
Being confined in the small screen of your computer, you will not get a view of what is happening in the whole event. You will just rely on where and what the camera is focusing on. This is a total turn off for those who want to see every corner and every move around the racetrack.
Those who are intent on having a better view of the horse race choose to have their own satellite TV in their home to get a bigger and better view of the live happening in the racetrack.
3. Computer system problems.
Slow computers and outdated hardware installed in your computers are one of the factors that will hinder your betting horse racing online experience. If you do not have the most advanced features, do not expect your viewing to be as great as it should be.
However, if you can do away with these minor problems and your only desire is to cut the suspense and see the result as it happens, then horse race betting online is always there at your convenience.
Betting Exchange Place Markets - Wise Up And WinIntroduction
In article one, I introduced you to the Betting Exchange concept and explained the basics of LAY Betting (Lay to Lose). Now in this article, I'm going to introduce you to another unique and powerful feature of the betting exchanges, the Place Markets.
What Are Betting Exchange Place Markets?
Place markets are as the name suggests, markets which allow you to bet on a selection to be 'placed'. Eg. a horse to finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a 8 runner or larger field.
Now, the first and most important thing to highlight here is that these place markets are completely different to the well known Each Way (EW) betting markets offered by traditional bookmakers. The Each Way bet is in fact 2 bets of equal stakes.
The 1st stake is on the selection to win and the 2nd is on it to be placed. So a £10 EW bet will cost you £20 in total.
A £10 place bet on a Betting Exchange is a single bet and therefore will only cost you £10. If your selection finishes in a place, you collect your winnings and smile.
Think about it for a minute. How many times have you been certain that a horse will be placed, but you have not been confident that it will win...
Traditional Each Way Betting
Take the following example. A horse named 'Im gonna be placed' that is available to back with traditional bookmakers at 4/1 (5.0). Your very confident that it will finish in the top 3 in a 10 runner field.
With a traditional bookmaker, your options are:
1) Take a chance on it winning and place a win single on it. E.g. £10 at 4/1
2) Place an EW bet on it. E.g. £10 EW at 4/1 (5.0). Total stakes £20. The bookies will pay you 1/5 odds on the place element of this E/W bet based on their standard EW rules. On our horse which is available to back at 5.0 this equates to 1.8
Now, the only time the above race will be profitable for you is if the horse actually wins. In both cases you would make a very nice profit if it did. For option 1 you would win £40 profit and for option 2, £48 profit.
BUT, if as you suspected the horse only finishes placed in 2nd or 3rd, you actually lose money in both cases. With option 1 you obviously lose all your stake money so are down £10. With option 2, you win £8 on the Place side of the EW bet but still lose £2 overall as the win part of the bet was a losing one.
Enter The Betting Exchange Place Markets
Using the above example and depending upon the prices of the other horses in the race, you would probably see the Betting Exchanges offering odds of around 1.60 - 2.00 (evens) on this horse being placed. You can therefore put your £10 PLACE bet on at say 1.8 and collect £8 profit (minus commission) as long as the horse finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Only if the horse finishes outside of the top 3 do you lose your £10 stake.
I'm sure this has got you thinking and you can probably see the power in this straight away!
When combined with a good staking plan and a sensible selection process, it can be common to have very long winning streaks when backing horses to be placed on the betting exchanges. These longer winning streaks more than make up for the relatively short prices that are offered on selections to be placed.
Place Market Important Notes
A few important things to note about place markets:
1) Unlike the betting exchange win markets, Place markets DO NOT go "In-Running" when the race starts but this is true of the traditional E/W bets offered by bookies as well.
2) If a race is planned as a 8 runner or more event but a number of horses become non-runners leaving less than 8 runners, the betting exchanges still offer odds on 3 places. This is different to bookmakers who in such cases adjust their odds on the place payment from 1/5 to 1/4 of the win odds BUT they only pay out on 2 places. If a 5,6 or 7 runner field is shortened to less than 5 runners, the betting exchanges will still offer place markets and payout if the horse finishes 1st or 2nd.
3) You can make up the equivalent of an E/W bet on the betting exchanges by placing a bet on the win market and a separate bet on the place market. Depending upon the type of race and the form of the market, you will often find that this offers more value in terms of odds than an E/W bet with a bookmaker.
Backing Or Laying On The Place Markets
As explained in article 1, the ability to Lay a selection is perhaps the most important feature of the betting exchanges. You now have the ability to Lay selections to be placed. In other words, if you have a valid reason to believe that a selection will not even finish in a place, Lay it to Lose on a betting exchange. The real beauty of laying on the place markets, is that the odds are always much lower than the outright win odds so your lay liabilities are much lower.
Trading On The Place Markets
As the place market prices are much lower than the outright win market prices, they also offer a great place to learn the skill of TRADING without much risk to your balance! Betting Exchange trading is simply the process of betting on price movements for guaranteed profits. E.g. Back a horse at 4.0 and then Lay it later at 3.0 for a no risk bet or guaranteed profit regardless of the outcome!
Betting exchange trading will be covered in detail in a future betting article.
Place markets should be used as part of your betting armory. They offer you the chance to make money frequently with long winning streaks being very common. This helps to build your confidence as well as your betting bank!
Bookie Each Way bets are not always poor bets but in the vast majority of races, the odds are stacked firmly in the favour of the bookmakers. They simply love punters taking EW bets on these races as they know its their bread and butter. A small proportion of races where the market is formed in a certain way do offer the punter very good E/W value but that's for a different day...
Well that's it for part 2 of my betting exchange articles. In part 3, I will be explaining the Betting Exchange In-Running markets.